- Salary: $108,492.80 – $131,144.00 Annually USD
Overview whom might APPLY: This place is ready to accept all qualified candidates. Wastewater, Teamsters regional 117 internal prospects will get consideration that is first. $1.00 each hour from the base wage will be redirected towards the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust Fund.
NEEDED MATERIALS: King county application, employment cover letter and resume
WORKING ARRANGEMENTS: Standard performing hours are 40 hours each week. Applicants must certanly be open to work any assigned routine. This place is exempt through the conditions associated with Fair work guidelines Act and it is perhaps maybe not overtime-eligible.
JOB DEFINITION: The obligations with this category include supervising personnel whom monitor, run and keep maintaining a wastewater therapy center, conveyance and collection system. Incumbents guarantee conformity with appropriate neighborhood, Washington State and federal atmosphere, wastewater and security laws and needs and generally are accountable for planning long- and short-term workload, budgeting, personnel training and gratification management. Job Duties
- Supervise and direct the task of lead, skilled trades, semi-skilled trades for Day Operations group. Supervisory obligations consist of employing, review and evaluate worker task performance and supply constructive feedback; offer mentoring; recommend and/or initiate disciplinary action Arrange, schedule, coordinate, monitor and review the daily work of the team while the planning that is long-range scheduling of the team. Ensure completion that is timely quality of work by the team. Be involved in long-range facilities preparation.
- Requisition supplies and equipment, keep stock, make sure requisition procedures are followed and also make budget choices.
- Review plans, designs or procedures for an assigned portion of major construction tasks with contractors, design engineers, vendors and agency’s construction administration unit. Organize, coordinate and provide expertise that is technical long-range unique jobs; offer direction to senior staff on unique tasks.
- Assist staff that is senior scheduling and prioritizing work requests along with other divisions, divisions and agencies.
- Arrange, schedule and supply training to other people and protect training documents on workers. Review laboratory data and suggest and/or make procedure control choices.
- Coordinate unit, division along with other agencies’ reactions to uncommon occurrences and emergencies; just just just take corrective action as appropriate. Might be accountable for news contact. Ensure adherence to all or any policies, requirements and procedures.
- Run, monitor and control gear and systems making use of complex personal computers. Be involved in work negotiations and grievance hearings.
- Prepare technical reports of plant operations for submittal to administration and state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Assume responsibilities that are operational the lack of the Plant Manager for rotating changes as well as other operations.
- Perform the duties of this other classifications inside the Wastewater Treatment Operations show as http://datingperfect.net/dating-sites/hookupbbw-reviews-comparison required.
- Be around to get results all change schedules, including rotating changes; might be necessary to be on standby and/or status that is call-out susceptible to after-hours call-in for uncommon occurrences and emergencies.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Techniques
- Advanced understanding of task administration methods and concepts
- Advanced understanding of the description, function and major components for plant-wide fuel, chlorination, heating, ventilating and air cooling, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and hydraulic systems
- Advanced familiarity with the description, function, major elements, causes for alarms and monitoring that is radio control system for the gear and systems within the initial, main and additional, solids managing, smell control and/or the collection and conveyance systems
- Advanced understanding of expertise in the description and purpose of computerized remote and supervisory control systems utilized to manage, run and monitor a wastewater treatment system that is major
- Advanced familiarity with experience with operating, monitoring, keeping and training in the gear and systems within the initial therapy area, main therapy area, additional area, solids managing area as well as in the collection and conveyance system and systems for plant-wide fuel, chlorination, heating, ventilating and air cooling, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and hydraulic systems
- Advanced Knowledge in interpreting and using information that is technical plant drawings, technical datasheets, operations and upkeep manuals and laboratory test outcomes
- Advanced Knowledge in maintaining and developing a working that is effective using the public, vendors, contractors, regulatory agencies, downline as well as other workgroups.
- Advanced familiarity with higher level troubleshooting skills for complex wastewater therapy systems and processes and odor that is complex systems and also to manage uncommon occurrences and emergencies
- Some knowledge into the application of participative workplace company axioms, like the company planning procedure, the establishment of requirements and feedback, communication, listening and feedback, conflict resolution, effective team meetings, problem-solving, choice generating and facilitation.
- Some understanding of buying policies and procedures
- Experience in assisting long- and workload that is short-term, budgeting, training and gratification administration
- Ability in managing written and/or computerized information systems logs that are including reports, lab and procedure data, difficulty reports and work needs.
- Experience within the application of security policies, procedures and techniques for restricted space entry, fall protection, risk interaction, recognition and control, dangerous power control, crisis reaction and evacuation, accident prevention, hearing preservation, preventing straight back accidents, breathing security, fire security, division facilities and operations, forklift training, overhead cranes, plant-specific security information along with other safety information that is department-wide
- Experience in higher level training to satisfy or surpass King County, state and regulations that are federal
- Supervisory abilities to lead, teach and mentor; offer direction, prepare and conduct performance evaluations and just take disciplinary actions Communication abilities (oral and written)
- Assessment and decision-making skills
Supplemental Suggestions LICENSING/CERTIFICATION:
- Washington State License
- Washington State Group III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Certification
- Washington State Group IV Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Certification
- CPR and medical certification
SELECTION PROCESS: A process that is competitive will likely to be utilized for this selection procedure. Report on interior prospects should include reviews of performance appraisals, personnel files, internal guide, Benefit Time / Vacation usage logs, etc., before any offer that is final. External prospects will demand connections for recommendations.
UNION MEMBERSHIP: Teamster Wastewater Local 117 represents this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Working at Wastewater Treatment facilities
To get more details about this recruitment, please contact: Rijul BhaskarSenior Human site Analystrbhaskar@kingcounty.gov
Closing Date/Time: 6/4/2020 11:59 PM Pacific